McGowan Guntermann, CPA’s
We are a leading CPA Firm in downtown Santa Barbara seeking a self-motivated, versatile and energetic individual to join our administrative team in a full-time capacity. The Human Resources Manager performs a wide range of functions of a highly confidential nature. These responsibilities include:
- Assisting with day-to-day operations of the firm.
- Interacting with staff and assisting in facilitation of employment processes such as employee recruiting and on-boarding, creating, updating and filing employee records including employee personnel files.
- Supervision of administrative employees and ensuring compliance with CA and Federal wage and hour laws for all employees. Oversees the payroll function.
- Maintain employee handbook and ensure compliance with all firm-wide policies and procedures.
- Administration of benefits including 401(k) and Sec. 125 Cafeteria plans.
- Preparation of necessary documentation relating to all insurance policy renewals, including medical insurance open enrollment and worker’s compensation insurance annual audit.
- Oversees facility, vendors and contractors.
- Maintenance of professional license records and CPE records for accounting staff, and files necessary reports.
- Cloud provider administration, managing software updates, support tickets, user accounts and profiles.
- Administration of phone system and office equipment, oversee local technology vendor for computer hardware installations and maintenance.
- Develop and manage firm-wide meetings and events.
- Assist partners and accountants with various projects as necessary.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Prior experience in human resources required. Prior CPA firm experience a plus. Strong technology skills, highly proficient with MS Office. Excellent command of the English language, including spelling, grammar, punctuation and business writing.
Our firm provides competitive compensation commensurate with experience and ability, and an excellent benefit package in an A+ professional work environment.