Full Charge Bookkeeper
A progressive Santa Barbara CPA firm has an immediate opening for a staff accountant/full-charge bookkeeper. In this position, you will perform full-cycle accounting work for clients across a variety of sizes and industries, while providing excellent customer service.
The candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Office 365 and QuickBooks (Bill.com is a plus). They must also be detail oriented, have the ability to work independently, and have strong organizational and interpersonal skills. A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred or relevant experience of 1-2 years. The ideal candidate can manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and work with a sense of urgency. They should be self-motivated and be able to prioritize tasks.
- Record and reconcile bank and credit card transactions
- Process accounts payable, including check writing
- Process accounts receivable
- Prepare and process payroll
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements
- Prepare Forms 1096/1099 and Forms W-2/W-3
- Maintain electronic files, documents, and schedules
- Written and verbal communication with clients
We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience and ability as well as a comprehensive benefit package.